Drupal installation on AWS EC2
Drupal is the open source content management system which is written in php language.Drupal provides backend framework for most of the websites around the world.Drupal consists of around 39000 free modules and 2900 themes.Drupal can run on any computing platform that supports both webserver and php.There is no need of manual update for the Drupal, whenever there is update available it will automatically notify the administrator regarding update on new themes or modules.Installation of Drupal is not as much complicated,let us see the installation procedure of Drupal in amazon ec2 instance
This setup is recommended for development purpose because the setup won’t focus on backup automation security or any performance optimizations.
If you are looking out for any production implementation you can sign up with us, and we will set it up for you with backup automation, performance optimization, security implemented on OS and website level. It just costs you $100/setupSetup Drupal for Me!
1. Launch a fresh server of your Desired OS(CentOS/RedHat Linux/Amazon Linux),the below article will explain you about how to install Drupal in Amazon Linux AMI.
2. Choose the instance type either t2.micro ,t2.small, t2.medium or t2.large. Drupal requires minimum of 1GB of RAM to function we have chosen t2.micro(free tier) for this demo.
3. Change the default storage of 8GB to 30GB(included in free-tier). Of course Drupal can be hosted within 8GB storage. But It is better to choose 30 GB for the backup automation and for the accommodation of website content.
4. Allow the following inbound ports in AWS security group settings to gain access to 20-21(For Drupal FTP), 22(For Linux SSH),(Drupal over HTTP) 80,(Drupal over HTTPS) 443. You can also add desired ports later by editing inbound rules after launching the instance.
5.Now choose either existing key pair or create new key pair .In case of creating new key pair don’t forget to download the keypair and keep it in a safe place. Without key pair you cannot login to your Drupal instance. If you lose the keypair there is no other possible way to regenerate the same keypair. You only have to relaunch a new instance by taking an image of the current Drupal instance to gain access to your codes.
6.Now you can launch the instance and once the instance is launched successfully attach the Elastic IP to the newly created instance. Attaching an Elastic IP will is assigning a static IP to your instance. So, that your instance’s IP would not change whenever you stop and start the instance. This will ensure that your Drupal site runs uninterrupted.
7. Now you can login into server using public ip, keypair and install Drupal.
8.To install Drupal in AWS EC2 instance download and run the following installation script within the server .
9. The Drupal installation may take time to complete please be patient until the script completes execution, once the downloading is completed run the screen command to run the process in the background then run the sh command
chmod +x DrupalInstallOnAWS.bash
Setup Drupal for Me!
10.Upon execution the Drupal site will be ready to be launched. Please point the domain’s A record to server’s Elastic IP and then access the site and proceed with Drupal installation.
11. MySQL root login is placed in /root/.my.cnf and website database login credentials are placed in /home/ec2-user/db-login.txt web files are places in /var/www/html
Do not hesitate to write to us if you are running into issues. We are glad to help you.